[ACCEPTED] Hunter wanting to join the guild

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[ACCEPTED] Hunter wanting to join the guild

Post  Jehovasvitne on Thu May 12, 2011 9:40 pm

After being a active PvPer since cata came out, i've now taken the step over to the pve part of the game (as in heroics and regular dungeons). I have also discovered the fun of this, and after getting a good taste of how raiding is and can be, I wanna do more. Im therefore kindly asking to join the guild, mainly for PvE and raiding, but most importantly to develop myself as a PvE player and have fun with other raiders Smile

Ty for reading this, and im looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Things that might be of interest:
MS: Marksmanship
Ilvl: 352

Jehovasvitne
Piglet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [ACCEPTED] Hunter wanting to join the guild

Post  Endelar on Fri May 13, 2011 7:26 am

Thank you for your application.

Can you write abit about yourself and perhaps a bit about your approach to dpsing as a hunter (priority system/ rotation)? A link to armory would be nice as well.

/Maise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

About me and my hunter approach

Post  Jehovasvitne on Sat May 14, 2011 12:32 am

I'm a 17 year old guy who live in Norway. I'm a musician, and i like to play drums when I'm not studying, playing WoW or anything else i might do. I also like walking long walks when it's really cold outside (don't ask me why). I'm also not religious, although i believe that the creation of the planet(earth, or Tellus if you'd like) was not a coincidence, I still don't think God came in and was all like ''LIGHT, NOW!''.... or something like that.

My WoW approach:
I'm a PvP'er at heart, or at least i used to be. I love the mad fun and the cooperation aspect of PvP, but lately it has been feeling more and more dull to me. This is mainly because of the unbalance in PvP and how you get bored doing something you've done a million times (read: WSG). Therefore i decided to get a little deeper into PvE.

I have done a lot of heroics, and I've also done a good amount of runs in the new instances as well. I love heroics, yet, they haven't been quite the challenge lately.
This is the part where the raiding comes in. After trying both BWD and BOT the other day with someone from this guild, i found that it was actually pretty freaking rad!
I really liked the cooperation, the looks of the bosses and the difficulty level. I loved it. And i would love to do more Smile

As for my hunting:
I'm generally a marksmanship hunter. I know its a really a pvp spec, but it has great burst damage and its also one of the most powerful single target specs in the game, if played correctly off course. I used to be survival, but found MM a lot more fun, mostly because i felt that MM was more smooth. BM was also pretty cool, but best for leveling and One- manning bosses. Both of the mentioned ones I don't use, are probably the two best PvE specs, I still believe however that even though MM is a PvP spec, it is indeed a great PvE spec, even compared to the optional ones.

Shot tactics:
As for my shot structure, I usually do something like this: (Boss)
Steady shot -> steady shot -> serpent sting -> chimera shot -> Rapid Fire -> Aimed Shot -> Steady shot -> Arcane/aimed/chimera (depends on the amount of focus I have left, if I have to little I will most of the time pop some steady shots to refill my focus). This is basicly the shot structure/priority i have. I try to almost always keep improved steady shot up (2 steady shots in a row) as it gives me a 15% haste bonus. Rapid fire (40% more haste) for burst fire at the start of a boss or to nuke him at the very end. I also try to use Chimera shot every time its off cooldown as it is both a powerful shot and refreshes my serpent sting on the target (which i also try to always keep on the target). I will try to put a silencing shot in there every once in a while if a interrupt is needed. Another thing i should mention is that my marksmanshipness (haha) gives everyone in the party a +10% attack power buff, which is also quite nice.

Pets:
As for pets, I use ferocity in PvE. These pets have the best damage and can also give the raid party valuable buffs (my wolf gives a +5% critical strike chance to all the people in the party, and this is the pet i use the most).

Armory:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/karazhan/jehovasvitne/simple

Alot of PvP gear, i know, trying to get it replaced.

So that was a little about me and some of my views on things concerning hunters and the world of warcraft in general, both PvE and PvP. Hope it wasn't too much of a stretch and that you will consider me for your guild Smile

Jehovasvitne
Piglet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Endelar on Sat May 14, 2011 12:04 pm

Accepted for trial

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content