[ACCEPTED] Gryff - Resto / Elemental Shaman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[ACCEPTED] Gryff - Resto / Elemental Shaman

Post  Gryff on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Name:
IRL: Dan
In-game: Gryff (Lazlow - Mage, Tuloola - Druid, Muroot - Paladin)

Real life: I'm currently going to college to do A-levels in Biology, Chemistry and Physics, decided to have a career change after the company I worked for went down Sad
If I'm not online playing WoW and I'm at home then I'll probably be on my Xbox or on Diablo3. If I'm not at home I could be out walking / jogging or down the pub with mates.
I see myself as someone that is easy to get along with. I can take criticism well as long as it is constructive, I am also a very helpful person - if someone needs a hand with anything, if I can, I will help, even to my own detriment. In a raid environment I find myself constantly pushing to be the best that I can be to not let anyone else down.

Character: I play a Shaman and have done since TBC. I normally play resto but have been known to play elemental and would be happy doing either.
Armory:
Description: My current build isn't what I would raid with should you accept my application, I have had to make some changes to account for the parts of the game I have been playing recently. I have unfortunately had to lose some of my healing talents to gain Nature's Guardian and Ancestral Resolve due to some of the participants of the Raid Finder raids not being up to standard. As a resto shaman I generally see my role as a raid healer, its the job raid leaders have always given me. The class does indeed suit that role very well with tools such as Chain Heal and Healing Rain (Also Healing Tide Totem which is added tomorrow). However, I do not feel that this 'pigeon hole'ing has caused me to lose the ability to heal a tank should the time come that I am asked to do so. Apart from healing a resto shaman has another job, being a mana battery for the other healers. This requires you to stack large amounts of spirit not only so you can have the best Mana Tide Totem possible but also so you can last out the time inbetween using the MTT and when it is next best to use it for the whole raid again which is not always straight after it has come off cooldown.

Experience: I started raiding all the way back in Classic WoW on a Dwarf Hunter named Muryn. Unforunately, poor Muryn was stolen from me by gold farmers and I could not get him back. On Gryff, I started raiding in TBC in Emerald Dawn which was one of the only 10man guilds back then. Emerald Dawn was a close-knit guild made up from 2 other guilds "Ghosts of Reach" (A guild made up of myself, my brother and a couple of mutual friends) and "Deus Vux" (The second may be wrongly named) I stayed with Emerald Dawn in a Healer capacity until the end which I believe was up until the end of WotLK, we cleared all of WotLK on Heroic except for the Lich King himself. In Cataclysm I took a bit of a break from raiding and briefly transferred to another server (The Maelstrom) with some guys from University. However, I have now returned and would like to raid with a close-knit team again as I find it much more fun having a small group of people that know and like each other than a bloated guild full of strangers Smile
Expectations: As I have said a few times throughout my application I would indeed like to raid with you guys and from a raiding point of view my expectations are simple. I would turn up to every raid (Thursday and Sunday are particularly good days for me) with flasks and food and my game face on (And I would expect the same from the other raiders too). Give every raid your all and have a good time whilst you're there. With all that said, I am not hardcore by any means I want to experience all of the content that the game has to offer and as I said, have a laugh as well.
I play WoW purely for fun and to relax, if there is nothing that needs doing (raid prep etc) then I'll chill out and grind an achievement, or those last fews mounts or pets. I am a little bit of an achievement whore Sad I just love collecting things.

I hope this app hasn't been to long or rambly and I look forward to your reply.

-Gryff

Gryff

Back to top Go down

Re: [ACCEPTED] Gryff - Resto / Elemental Shaman

Post  Gryff on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:05 pm

Armory link:

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/karazhan/Gryff/advanced

(Sorry, forgot in the main post)

Gryff

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenta on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Hey Gryff

Thanks for taking the time to write this application!
Your application is currently being taken into consideration by the officers. We will get back to you with an answer as soon as possible.

Tenta [Pally | 90] - Retri / Holy / Prot
Tenta
Eeyore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenta on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Gryff has been invited, to a trial period. Elemental mainspec.

Edit: Thread locked /Strafer

Tenta [Pally | 90] - Retri / Holy / Prot
Tenta
Eeyore

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top